174. Occam's Raccoon
February 20th, 2023
1 hr 5 mins 42 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- Words with similar sounds/meanings but no relation to each other at all.
- Virtual marble runs with guns
- The "broom method" of dealing with a hydrogen leak
- Poem by Dr. Seuss: “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”
- Loveland Frog (Ohio frog bigfoot?)
- Ghosts are real: what are the economic consequences?
- Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator.
- Lords starting with Xa.
- Moving boxes that have handles built in.
- All else being equal, a raccoon did it.
- Putting the S in Island.
- The era of Topic Lords when we only discussed Shakespeare.
- Some of the things you expect are wrong, and vice-versa.
- Bacteria finding proteins hanging around and deciding "this is part of me now."
- Branching path structures shooting red and blue bullets at each other.
- Escalating Revenge Core Destruction.
- If pachinko were extremely elaborate and violent.
- Oil timers.
- Turning over the rectangle on your desk and forcing the red and green combatants to fight for you once more.
- Apollonian circles.
- The ancestry of Firefox.
- Web browsers surrounded by water on all sides.
- Using the entirety of your computing resources to do basically nothing.
- A phone app that makes your phone display Flying Toasters but only while it's in your pocket.
- Computers that are really good at getting hot and not very good at not getting hot.
- An air conditioner but backwards.
- Marbula One.
- Marble races except every marble is armed with an assault rifle.
- The year you finally get into Blaseball.
- How Blaseball works.
- How to detect a fire that you can't see.
- Glass Onion: debunked.
- A hell planet completely saturated with a volatile gas populated by lava monsters.
- Why leave the house? Just send a probe and infer the existence of your neighbors.
- What "from" means in "escape from the tank"
- The jingle the hydrogen truck plays as it trundles by.
- The Snack of the Stars.
- Safety testing various propellants.
- What your voice sounds like without any transmission medium.
- The Gregorian Underwater Choir.
- Naming Helium after the sun because that's where we discovered it.
- The Lorax threatening you with a bat.
- My huge sawed off flashlight.
- Stay back, officer, it's just just a flashlight.
- Replacing your self-defense rabies bat every time it dies.
- Brushing your self-defense bat's teeth.
- Dr. Zeus's book of adult poetry.
- Is the Death Star brutalist? Can brutalist architecture be round?
- Bee Barns.
- A four foot tall frog guy who lives in the woods.
- A frog guy. A guy who is a frog.
- A frog guy caught between two worlds of posture.
- A Wikipedia user whose thing is to make photo illustrations of cryptids and extinct animals.
- What happens to Pikachu's soul when it dies.
- Ghosts: what do they do all day?
- Ghosts exist, and they can talk, and they know all about the afterlife, but also they're huge liars.