175. This Movie Has Marky Mark In It
February 27th, 2023
1 hr 14 mins 16 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- There's a Spanish word which officially cannot be written because the grammar and orthography conflict about how it should spelled/pronounced.
- My personal relationship with Disco Elysium
- Clue II: Murder in Disguise
- All of the Words on a Bottle of Rolling Rock Beer in a Different Order
- This year's beast of a Mystery Hunt
- Shareable alarms
- Texans with nothing to plug.
- The Army Corp of Engineers coming to your town and kicking ass.
- No, and no.
- Fuck em, just get a laptop.
- Fact checking the dinner table conversation with your laptop.
- An interaction deemed normal.
- The Spanish double-L sound.
- Finally finding a way that spelling in English is more sensible than spelling in Spanish.
- Desperately avoiding hearing French spoken incorrectly.
- A place that is less like the rest of Canada than any part of the United States is like the United States.
- A good relaxing podcast that leads to substantial academic progress.
- Stormdancer Zero.
- Secret of Monkey Island with additional D&D stat checks and communism.
- Continents not connected to tectonic plates but instead freely floating in the mist.
- When your stats talk to you.
- Equipping a philosophical idea in your thought cabinet.
- Where the resource extraction happens.
- An alcoholic amnesiac video game protagonist.
- Finding the richest person in town to explain to you how the world works.
- Recreating all your characters from the ground up to be optimized for the game engine.
- Cheating past the final boss in Baldur's Gate because the alternative is starting from scratch with a viable build.
- Revising your thinking about the Gros Michel banana.
- Campy goofballs doing campy goofball shit except it's not Tim Curry this time.
- The guy whose name Jim can't remember who played Chuck on Better Call Saul.
- The VCR board game phenomenon.
- Scenes sort of adding up into a narrative if you squint.
- Seeing John Lithgow when nobody else sees him.
- How to get Michael Land to talk to you at CES.
- Out-of-work FMV actors.
- Specializing in loving horrible FMV games.
- The one place that hasn't been corrupted by capitalism.
- DVD games vs. VCR games.
- A DVD arriving too late to save a drowning VCR game industry.
- The pride of seeing your topic grow up and take its place in the world.
- Panache, aplomb, and savoir-faire.
- Rolling, glass tanks of beverages that rocked that lined mountain.
- Women as the exception to implied maleness.
- A folk pop album featuring a disgraced CDC employee.
- 50 Cent rapping about going to prison for insider trading.
- The Topic Lords Guarantee.
- A series of interconnected puzzles that you solve as a team.
- Flavor text explaining why it's fun to solve this math problem.
- A beautiful puzzle hunt that is way too long.
- Assuming that being good at solving puzzles is the same skill as constructing puzzles.
- Waiting all year for a chocolate box that ends up being a marathon through Death Valley.
- How to test a 100-person puzzle hunt.
- Admonishing astronomers to "get good."
- Puzzles that are like tiny little gifts that open up and dance in front of you.
- A chip that controls a single light point on the wall.
- Doing something for free vs. doing it for a pittance.
- Losing your wedding ring but also your wedding ring screams once a day.
- Your screaming wedding ring following you from house to house.
- One o’clock: Time for Pants.
- Remembering that it's time for pants no matter what time zone you're in.
- The Playstation Vita's pants alarm.
- Playing a competitive minigame to see who can wake up fastest.
- Earning achievements for getting out of bed.
- The app that is the opposite of sex.