145. A Visceral Tobacco Consumption Experience
August 1st, 2022
1 hr 54 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- Finding value in shared imagined spaces and worlds outside of religious contexts
- Final Fantasy Challenge: Zero Story; and other vaporware games & mods of which no record exists on the internet
- Youtube streams movies now, and they have comments
- Canterbury Tales General Prologue, by Geoffrey Chaucer
- The Ten Timers Club.
- Podcasting for three years straight.
- Fantastical ideas for famous bands covering Garages songs.
- An increasingly hard to describe person.
- Reclaiming the asshole.
- The sort of thing that sometimes happens in Maine.
- Finding the right microphone settings.
- A podcast about what people think about that ends up being a video game podcast because that's what they're thinking about.
- The barnacle on the indie game scene life.
- Making a video game good on purpose.
- Talking to your friends who talk you out of grad school because you need to be talked out of grad school again
- Your own personal relationship with the divine.
- Shared imagined worlds and how we talk about them.
- Your friend asks how you're doing and you say "Han and Leia at the end of Empire" and your friend just nods.
- Fighting a great beast together.
- Promoting group cohesion by developing a shared frame of reference.
- How in the 70s everyone watched the same three TV channels but nowadays everyone has access to all of every form of media all the time, and whether that's a handicap for developing a shared cultural reference frame.
- Waxy potatoes vs. starchy potatoes.
- Where to find non-starchy potatoes.
- Harry Potter and the Sacred Texts.
- The act of interpretation and the creation of shared symbols.
- A Final Fantasy mod that you were very excited about in the early 00s but that now has no results on google.
- Abraham Lincoln Land vanishing from the internet.
- All the bad video games starring Tux.
- Your boss saying "let me show you how the Peter Principle works" and promoting you to Project Manager.
- Erasing the projects you are ashamed of from your personal web site.
- Adding a clause to your will about deleting all your novelty web sites.
- A web site where you write a bunch of fake reviews of fake bands and eventually start writing the songs yourself.
- Mutually executable languages.
- A betrayal of both movies and Youtube.
- Commenting with a timestamp of your favorite part of Napoleon Dynamite.
- Whether Pedro won the election on his own merits.
- Creating an audition tape for the musical extravaganza your employer is running, getting the part, and later finding out that you were the only one who applied.
- Whether John will ever release the video of him dancing like Napoleon Dynamite.
- An entire stanza of completely unintelligible Middle English.
- Wanting to go on pilgrimages to seek the Holy Blissful Martyr because spring is coming.
- Pronouncing all the silent letters.
- A well-SparkesNotes'd text.
- Having a poem memorized but not in order.
- How wishing someone a happy birthday before their birthday is illegal in Germany.
- The least surfer dude.
- Various tobacco saliva receptacles, some of which ding and some of which don't.
- Chewing tobacco but not having the self-respect to get a spittoon.
- The nicotine delivery method where you stick a tobacco blob under your lip like a walrus tusk and make TikTok videos.
- Dip a.k.a. Snus.
- A cool friend from Tennessee.
- Big League Chew, again.
- Asking the clerk for tar patches because nicotine patches don't give you melanoma.
- Ending the show early because you believe so vehemently that vaping is good for you.
- A pithy German word for having guested on Topic Lords ten times.