180. We Are All Stardust Poop
April 3rd, 2023
1 hr 1 sec
About this Episode
- I learned how to animate by watching cartoons as a child (and I'm curious what else folks absorbed as a child that impacted the kind of adult they became)
- I created a Totally Human Rapper that can read up on a game and cut a rap video.
- Frog Fractions is banned from AGDQ
- "Frog Fractions" by Totally Human Rapper
- Tiny Mass Games small games cycle.
- One of the episodes with a cold open.
- Live from New York, it's.
- Using ocean water as a mixer.
- Being of poop and returning to poop.
- Using the Boston river as a mixer.
- Learning everything you know about love from Robotech.
- Losing your fiancee and marrying an alien instead.
- Paying $6/hr to play a MUD.
- Corresponding with your MUD lover via dead tree letters.
- Playing a MUD and cheating on one avatar with another avatar and eventually realizing that they are played by the same person.
- Sleep is Death.
- The cool part of the Metaverse circa 2005.
- Learning what human relationships look like by watching Saturday morning cartoons.
- Sarah and Duck.
- Busting ghosts. (A very important time in a boy's life.)
- Retired Men's Nude Beach Volleyball League.
- The center of your Venn diagram as a creator.
- Ichiro Paydirt.
- If Tank Girl were a streamer.
- Endless Seinfeld pulling a Microsoft Tay.
- The year of the deluge of AI generated crap.
- Making a BBS door game about traveling into space.
- Zooming out of yourself and looking at it with ghost eyes.
- A game that appears to be family-friendly but is actually porn-adjacent.
- The Timic skip.
- A very respectful way to play Frog Fractions.
- The two concessions Jim made to game design in the Frog Fractions remaster.
- Catering to the you demographic.
- Blanking on Tim Ambrogi's name.
- Noted base jumping game "ahh"
- An underlying engine that just won't swear.
- Saying something interesting enough to be debated by a bunch of people.
- Stemming the tide of mediocrity across streaming platforms.
- The value of making dinner for two people vs. making art for millions of people.
- Having a thought in your head and wanting people to hear it.
- Gluing all the ports shut.
- Games that gradually destroy themselves.
- Follow the Frog, an arcade action adventure.
- Where Totally Human Rapper gets his ideas.
- How to jailbreak ChatGPT.
- A deck building auto battler without the deck.
- A well-scoped game design.
- Not really having anything to say but loving to wrestle with language.
- An AI generated game about AI generated games.
- Polishing a prototype enough to put it in front of a mass audience.
- Rating AI-generated food.
- Synergies and combinatorics.
- The development process for each Frog Fractions game.
- Answering to ask things.