179. Get Bad
March 27th, 2023
1 hr 3 mins 2 secs
About this Episode
- Reading music badly
- Minigame: guess the animal from bad old-timey descriptions
- How to pronounce "MacPaint"
- Airport teleportation
- Games that you should not play if you get addicted to games.
- Roguelikes that take a reasonable amount of time to play if you are bad at them.
- We're Not That Bad!™
- The Sunnyvale Singers.
- Producing music with a piano.
- Two guards, one who can't read a book and the other one who can read a book aloud but doesn't know the language.
- Buttons corresponding to the doots.
- Given a starting note, figuring out what the next note is supposed to be.
- Not being able to sight sing but faking it by looking at the vertical distance between notes.
- Music direction reading "lower than you think" (but in Italian)
- Knowing the chord progressions to 10,000 pop songs.
- Ways to make music.
- Moving between shapes even without hearing them.
- Playing accompaniment to silent films.
- Improvising music differently each time.
- Pliny the Elder describing the camel leopard.
- An animal with the neck of a horse but the head of a camel.
- A bigness answering thereto.
- Enjoying the alligator too much.
- A curse on four legs, equally pernicious on land and river.
- Inflating the chameleon.
- Spontaneous generation.
- Horned ghosts catapulting themselves around.
- Hunting an elephant by tricking it into leaning on a tree that won't support it.
- Whether elephants have knees.
- Vultures gestating for three years and giving live birth.
- Vultures and condors reproducing without mating.
- Your good friend Ms. Paint.
- Naming your dog a Japanese-sounding name with no regard to Japanese phonotactics and then arguing with people who try to correct you.
- Baking a cake that is 80% vanilla extract.
- A poem in the options of a Tumblr poll.
- Starting from a point of trust but slowly starting to doubt yourself.
- Orpheus and Eurydice.
- A poignant way of putting the reader in the character's frame of mind.
- The value of Oregon Trail.
- Iterating the Orpheus and Eurydice prisoner's dilemma, where whether looking back is the right move is different every time.
- Choosing to buy a certain amount of supplies and watching that not work out for you and the character you named after your best friend in the media lab dies.
- Extremely short form interactive fiction.
- Making an important decision and never finding out if it was the right decision.
- Performing Sicilian Reasoning to finesse the outcome of this online cake ingredient poll.
- Making a perfect stairway in an online poll.
- Making a phone app to help people choose the best option in the cake ingredient poll.
- Instantly teleporting from your seat on the flight to the entrance to your destination airport.
- Teleporting from the TSA interrogation room to the entrance of the airport.
- Teleportation gravity wells.
- Establishing an international airport out of your home.
- Hoping the cops never figure out that you can only teleport to the entrance of an airport.
- Gerrymandering your teleport destinations.
- An international airport that is 100 miles long and 1 centimeter wide.
- Asking a friend to convince you that a certain building is an international airport.
- Drinking a glass of water while standing on your head to convince yourself of what an airport is.
- Hiccups Gone Install.
- You Only Get Screamered Once.