140. The Most Edible Petrochemical
June 27th, 2022
1 hr 15 mins 9 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- Reading the other headlines/articles on newspapers in films that flash on screen solely for the headline
- The Game Boy Camera/revisiting the PXL-2000 topic and other toy cameras/tech
- Best Halloween candy: candy corn or pumpkin-shaped candy corn?
- Icarus, by Edward Field
- Douglas Hofstadter
- The James Webb Space Telescope.
- The thing you get the most DMs about.
- Recording a fan's answering machine message in the Mario Frustration voice.
- The guy who "fixed" the NES triangle wave.
- Bandlimiting your oscillators.
- What the real Lordheads know.
- Another place to shitpost.
- 3D entertainment.
- Deku momentum problems.
- The analog stick mod for Mario 64 DS.
- A remaster that is in direct conversation with what it's remastering.
- The pros and cons of Mario 64 DS.
- Abandoned let's-plays.
- Waterworld for the Virtual Boy.
- Wario Ware and Rhythm Heaven.
- How to give Nintendo money in 2022.
- Prodigy Child Wins Every Award Given.
- Pausing movies to read the nonsense headlines that the prop designers didn't expect you to read.
- Pausing the movie to complain about the nonsensical Scrabble game depicted.
- A movie about people who don't know how to play Clue.
- A mahjongg game that is a literary microcosm of the players' lives.
- Leaning across the couch to your girlfriend and saying "that's Chappie's chess game."
- Playing Super Mario Bros. with the Power Glove.
- The Steam reviews for the 8-bit wrestling game that appears for three seconds in The Wrestler.
- The only digital camera that was under $100 in the 90s.
- How to get images off of the Game Boy Camera.
- Hooking together a TV, VCR, SNES, Super Game Boy and Game Boy Camera and plugging it in with a very long extension cord so you can shoot a movie outdoors.
- An in-your-face student film about what happens when computers can detect emotion.
- Using your Game Boy Camera as a webcam on Twitch.
- The Game Boy Camera's music sequencer.
- The Game Boy Camera asking ROM hackers if they are feeling ok.
- The Gold Zelda Camera.
- The gold Breath of the Wild cartridge that tastes like the Master Sword.
- The Cool Cam.
- The Lefty RX.
- Ranking candy by its volume to surface area ratio.
- Getting sick of candy corn naysayers.
- Wax Lips: Ya Gotta Eat 'Em!
- A powder that's been glued into a little puck.
- What the American Oil and Gas Historical Society has to say about wax lips.
- The oleaginous history of wax lips.
- Edible dinosaur bones.
- Bananasaurus Rex-flavored string cheese.
- The Genius of the Hero falling to the Middling Stature of the Merely Talented.
- Looking back on your best work and knowing you'll probably never best it but still liking your life more now.
- A short story with extra line breaks.
- Turning any text into a poem by resizing the window so there are extra line breaks.
- Robert Altman's follow-up to MASH.
- A retelling of Icarus featuring the wicked witch saying a slur.
- What it means to be conscious.
- Godel, Escher, Bach: I am a Strange Loop except more confusing.
- Writing a book for the general public and having to figure out how to make your ideas fun.
- Searching YouTube for "Crab Cannon" and only finding music for weirdos and no cannons of any kind.
- Martin Gardner's column about math games in Scientific American.
- Metamagical Themas.
- Using math to do fun space stuff.
- Stream Frasier Online Free.
- Rubik's Cube except spelled like an asshole.