163. The Mean Horse Scenario
December 5th, 2022
1 hr 4 mins 15 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- What vehicle would you use to get around in the post apocalypse? Are we talking live animals, internal combustion engine vehicles, bikes, skiis, etc? Why did you choose this?
- The Super Mario Wiki is a beacon that other fan wikis should look to for inspiration
- The GTA San Andreas conversation system
- Last Straw, by George Starbuck http://reesewarner.blogspot.com/2021/04/george-starbuck-nationalpoetrymonth.html
- The gradual inflation of standard youtube video length
- Lowercase jan, capital Misali.
- Collecting all 905 Pokemon after 25 years.
- R-rated Pokemon competitor, "Seximals."
- Free-range porn, or legitimate educational resource?
- First impressions of seximal.net.
- Counting up to 99 on your hands.
- College basketball's tactical use of base 6.
- The binary number represented by flipping someone the bird with both hands.
- The Airworld situation.
- A sled pulled by domesticated zombies.
- Solving the tire problem so you can bike around in the post-apocalypse.
- Horses destroying society by kicking every building down with their powerful legs.
- Being just tall enough for a horse to try to eat your hair.
- Shoveling poop out of the bear bone barn.
- Standards of accuracy and editorial quality in the Super Mario Wiki.
- Niwa, the Nintendo Independent Wiki Alliance.
- What Mario Wiki has to say about the Berlin Wall.
- Abraham Lincoln's place in the Mario Canon.
- Organizing the Marvel Wiki by universe number.
- The most objective possible method of sorting a list of universes.
- Regular Peter Parker vs. Ultimate Peter Parker.
- 10 seconds of scrolling.
- A wealth of information not intended for a phone screen.
- The ontological difference between characters and allies.
- What species exist in the world of Mario?
- Action Toad.
- The wiki article about Baby Mario, a distinct character from the times various Marios have been babies.
- The love child of Bowser and Shigeru Miyamoto.
- Making invitations to your bachelor party with Mario Print World.
- Different forms of pounding your butt on the ground.
- The Ground Pound, also known as the Hip Drop, Pound the Ground attack, Bounce, Butt-Bash, Jump Smash, Smash Attack, and Butt Stomp.
- How wikis get away with not being normalized databases.
- A loose simulacrum of conversation.
- A conversation that takes the form of a hand wave and then a gulf a million miles wide.
- Pausing for several minutes to contemplate whether you've ever eaten octopus for breakfast.
- Fifty ways to say "please don't hit me in the head with that wrench."
- The Heaven's Vault conversation system.
- Ten different voice actors saying the same twenty lines.
- A normal poetry thing.
- Trying to find the poem "The Last Straw" by George Starbuck but Google only wants to show you articles about how Starbucks doesn't have straws any more.
- Poems that use two meters at once.
- Showing the frivolity of the line lengths.
- Back when Youtube videos were limited to ten minutes.
- Just sitting here making feature films by myself.
- Al Gore, the guy who invented the Algorithm.
- Promising things in the show notes that definitely aren't going to go there.
- What happens in an ecosystem where there is no pressure to make your work shorter.
- People who have time to watch a three hour Youtube video.
- Watching a movie over the course of a week, ten minutes at a time.
- Multitasking poorly.
- How to find people on Cohost.