157. The Boy Who Cried ARG
October 24th, 2022
1 hr 10 mins 23 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- The future/present of Jim's mario videos.
- Catatcomb Kids lore in the context of the fact that I like worldbuilding but find it hard to tell actual stories.
- Bigger Luke
- The Green Street Mortuary Marching Band.
- Have you seen any phantom kangaroos? And also: should I choose to believe in cryptids? If so, which ones?
- Giving someone else's biography.
- 7-Day Roguelikes.
- Feeling ambiently like you are hanging out with somebody.
- An emulator that works when you are not screen-capturing in OBS, but freezes when you are.
- Making a backup of your Bowser's Fury save.
- Video recording setup evolutions.
- The pros and cons of extremely variable video lengths.
- Playing Tony Hawk with Mario modded in.
- What working on a Zelda game does to a person, psychologically.
- Doing things that make people believe you're doing an ARG.
- Twinbeard Rates Mario.
- A robot co-host that eventually starts finishing your words for you.
- Wanting to be a writer until you try writing.
- A world that naturally develops in your brain.
- How to tell stories.
- Coming up with a bunch of characters that want things.
- Reading stories in hopes that stories rub off on you.
- Putting yourself in a situation where you write a lot of dialog trees.
- How to make a platformer without doing any level design.
- Expecting the same person to write the music and the lyrics.
- The difference in the ideation process of world building and story telling.
- A fact about the world that is true.
- Captain Thalmoo surveying the battlefield.
- Figuring out mid-burrito that there was a war, and deciding who won it.
- A grain that flowers like lavender.
- Searching Fiverr for Conlangers.
- Paying $2 for something at the Dollar Store.
- Logging Onto JimNet.
- The Canon Bigger Luke Hypothesis vs. the Hamill Hypothesis.
- The Inch-Luke Hypothesis.
- Bigger Luke conspiracy theorists just assume that Han Solo stays the same size.
- The real Skywalker was the bigger Luke all along.
- The Boy Who Cried ARG.
- Promising your wife that your son will not be Frog Fractions 3.
- How many pages of laws a person is subject to at any given time.
- Designing an ARG for your teenage son and he's like "ugh dad, again?"
- Mortuary marching bands.
- The patriarch who has just croaked.
- The sister with the bent frame.
- Uncle Louie with the wig.
- Getting a free concert because someone died.
- A funeral as a pleasant gathering of people you haven't seen in a long time.
- Getting arrested for publishing Allen Ginsberg's "Howl."
- Dressing up as an ancient sea captain.
- How many funerals this marching band is playing today.
- Hiring your nephew who has a Casiotone keyboard to play your funeral.
- Hiring the Green Street Mortuary Marching Band to play at your kid's birthday but all they know how to play is Taps.
- Bringing an axe to the funeral in case there's an emergency and you need to open up the coffin quickly.
- If a guitar is an axe, a tuba is a bent axe.
- Unbending the Tuba.
- Why brass instruments are so twisty.
- If you unwind a French horn it'll reach the moon and back.
- The large flutes that are curly.
- The son of a flautist.
- A bookshelf that you blow into and music comes out.
- Potential downsides of cryptids.
- Wanting to take EMF meters into a creepy house even though you don't believe in ghosts.
- The script scientists developed to let you fall in love at will.
- How many blue coins out of five you would rate your wife.
- Taking the Race IAT every week and analyzing your results over time.