158. Bark Mitzvah: Where Your Good Boy Becomes A Mensch
October 31st, 2022
1 hr 9 mins 4 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- The Real John B
- The Nancy Drew Point and Click adventure series
- Advances in garbage food technology
- The mysterious grunting voice playing over the American Airlines intercom
- A poem I found: "The Cow" by Oliver Herford
- Klik, freeware and indie games in the late 90s and early 2000s
- Other topic podcasts biting Jim's steeze.
- Spending the next hour blushing.
- Holding a Bark Mitzvah to watch your Good Boy become a mensch.
- Releasing a director's cut from beyond the grave.
- Bad games that you can't get enough of.
- Adventure games that make you feel like when grandma would visit and bring you donuts.
- Secret Fandoms.
- The new Nancy Drew series where Nancy Drew is an airhead and nobody likes her.
- A 70 year old woman playing a teenager.
- Whether game designers play anything other than World of Warcraft.
- Why the Nancy Drew adventure games are not on phones.
- Putting Nancy Drew in Fortnite.
- Friend of the show, Dropsy.
- You don't have to be an American to eat a garbage diet, but it sure helps.
- Food color technology over time.
- When Froot Loops added the fourth color.
- Speaking truth to power about the little silver disc that you microwave pizza on.
- The starchy packet that helps the noodles cook.
- A job that requires the skill sets of both a chef and a materials engineer.
- Things that come out of boxes nowadays.
- Watching meat substitutes grow up.
- Plastic golems living in your body.
- Getting your first reading glasses at your Old Mitzvah and giving a speech starting with "now I am an old."
- The second person this hour who has admitted to the pharmacist that they need reading glasses.
- The baby technology section at Walmart.
- Snot removers that'd also be great for insect collection.
- A sock that measures blood oxygenation.
- Earwitness accounts.
- Working on the American Airlines announcement system and adding strange grunting noises to the playlist.
- Electrical noise that is being interpreted by a system intended to transmit the human voice.
- The guy who does all the grunt voices.
- A sound that is like audio from a music album.
- An incredible technical smartass who got annoyed at luggage fees.
- A fridge full of snacks in the middle of the plane.
- Every passenger getting up and going to the snack pit.
- Wrestling for Cheez-Its.
- All the folks who are into weird pranks and technical glitches making a pilgrimage to the American Airlines flight with the weird grunting.
- The Three Investigators, presented by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Joining the discord for more on the ukulele plane.
- Back in 1901 when they worried about Peak Cow.
- Milk punch.
- Eggless egg nog.
- Celebrating all the positive ways cows influence our lives, and also we eat them.
- Whether scientists knew extinctions were possible in 1901.
- Looking for free games on the internet in 1999.
- Letting the Game Hippo domain lapse and a domain squatter picks it up and the rest is history.
- Dink Smallwood.
- A multidirectional shooter with a cool perspective trick.
- All the search engines they had before google.
- The Williams College MUD that you could log in to and visit Williams College in the MUD.
- Graal Online.
- Receiving a box of shareware from your mom's coworker.
- PC games from before developers realized that computers would get faster.
- Typing swim fast enough that you don't drown.
- Please Copy That Floppy!