165. Spitting Wiggly Air
December 19th, 2022
1 hr 11 mins 22 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- What would you do if you came downstairs and all of my clothes and my glasses were on the floor in a heap in a puddle of water?
- Aphasia: What doesn't it mean?
- Dr. Icecreamwala
- Eternal Champion - I Am The Hammer
- Teen Censorship (what to restrict, if anything?)
- SCA stuff: social skills in the SCA, thrown weapons, and winter camping!
- EEG, EKG and ECG.
- Dogs and video games.
- Kingdom: Two Crowns.
- Whoops, I'm Dead!
- Borker and Starina.
- Waking up in the morning and telling your wife "and we're back!"
- Sleeping with the Shirley-cicle.
- When your wife turns into a puddle of water and you have to get a hot water bottle shaped like your wife to sleep with every night.
- Hedge witches.
- An Alex Mack situation.
- Turning yourself into a goo accidentally vs. on purpose.
- A dog athletic enough to pee on your glasses while you're wearing them.
- Figuring out what muscle to flex to telepathically communicate as a glass of water.
- Believing things you see written in an authoritative voice.
- The kind of movies Bruce Willis has been making lately.
- Aphasia vs. Primary Progressive Aphasia.
- The four primary modalities of human language.
- Figuring out how to hang out with someone you can't talk to.
- Decoupling the word "yes" from its literal meaning.
- Apraxia of speech.
- Thanking colonialism for this moment of delight.
- Serving your patients their prescription in a waffle cone.
- Flying to the Bay Area to get some light dermatology done.
- The battle-starved riders of Tarsul.
- The demon priests of ill Nitaar.
- Nolan Bushnell receiving feedback about the name Atari.
- The God Blade.
- Fist-pumpin', sword-swingin' heavy metal.
- A good source of lore.
- Cosmologies where god is a species.
- Drinking his blood to see what happens.
- Heavy metal bands fronted by blacksmiths.
- Wanting your teenager to feel safe listening to fascist heavy metal in front of you so that you can talk to them about it.
- Installing a web filter so that your child doesn't accidentally stumble into gross abusive porn.
- Opinions about parent-child relationships from someone who was once a child.
- Heavy metal bands who write music about white nationalism vs. heavy metal bands who are just white nationalist without writing about it.
- Deliberately not separating the art from the artist so you get the extra enjoyment out of musicians who are cool people.
- Videos of common household items being crushed under the wheels of a car.
- Videos of people building things in the woods.
- Devil's toothpaste.
- Reacting to the sugar tax by angrily boycotting soda.
- The Society for Creative Anachronism kicking you out if you dress up as a time traveler from the future or a 1950s greaser.
- The SCA re-enacting the before-times, when morning zoo radio didn't exist yet.
- Apex Nerds.
- Geniuses above petty squabbling.
- A better system of chilling out.
- Going into the woods with your friend who likes building stuff in the woods and watching him build stuff in the woods.
- Movies set in the 80s that have absolutely nothing from the 70s in them because everybody threw all that shit away on January 1st, 1980.
- Handing out arm rings to your sworn men.
- Instituting a buddy system where you buy each other awards.
- Happy baby cow.