171. Reasons To Not Throw Your Phone In The Ocean
January 30th, 2023
1 hr 9 mins 48 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- Food from dreams and nightmares
- Han Unification happened in Unicode and every time they add more emojis to the Unicode spec it literally hurts
- The Super Mega Crossword
- Down by the Bay by Raffi
- Video game franchises known for secrets
- Five-tined forks
- Horrible exceptions to rule34
- After recording, CisHetKayFaber managed to find their holy grail videos depicting the "exception." Jim's example is much better, but Kev was also correct in having faith in human ingenuity.
- First time long time.
- A very light hobby that is kind of shallow.
- Getting really into Rubik's Cube because you already love flash cards.
- Being reminded of something right before you were about to forget it.
- How best to memorize pizza coding and microphone specs.
- Ignoring the room and being annoyed when people talk to you.
- Work life balance being too tilted toward life
- The King's Hand.
- Orange Creamsicle Mashed Potatoes.
- M&M fingernails.
- A tweet and what happened with it.
- Biting something with the wrong texture and having to stare at a wall for ten minutes.
- UTF-8 character encoding.
- Adding support for Asian languages to Unicode without consulting any native speakers for advice.
- The international new global meme language of the internet.
- All the downsides of doing a crossword on paper.
- Words that just happen a lot when you're constructing a crossword puzzle.
- The Elden Ring of crossword puzzles.
- Doing the crossword puzzle on paper so that when you're done you can say "looks right to me" and there's no app to tell you you're wrong.
- Reading crossword puzzle clues to your wife as she falls asleep.
- A time traveler from the future who invented time travel to bring us excellent children's songs.
- A national treasure (Canada)
- A fly wearing a tie, a bear combing its hair, a llama eating pajamas, &c.
- A song intended to be performed improvisationally.
- Extending the finger family song by adding more fingers.
- Messing the cadence up with your fake mother voice.
- Where the watermelons roam.
- A mom saying nonsense that really makes you think.
- Avoiding your mom because she keeps saying weird shit about a goose kissing a moose.
- Unlocking a branch of a storyline by fulfilling a set of conditions.
- Subverting overused fantasy tropes.
- Finding a cool castle by going down a secret cliffside stairway into a hidden cave.
- Systems that point you everywhere on the map.
- Secrets of all sorts of scopes.
- The Doom thing where they point out that you didn't find all the secrets.
- Frog Fractions containing Rule 34 of itself.
- Reacting to five-tined fork.
- The fork optimization function that decided that four is the right number of tines.
- Unknowing a conversation.
- A Victorian flex of a fork.
- When die-casting was invented.
- A shovel with teeth.
- Seven-tined sporks.
- The Pornography Lord.
- Human pairings and human activities that you would expect there to be pornography of.
- Linda Hunt smugly declaring "ass to ass"
- AI pornographers buying sex dice on eBay.
- Weird combinations of words you can plug into a search engine.
- People don't want everything; people only want some things.
- The Frog Fractions pornography gap.