170. My Brain Likes The Things I Like
January 23rd, 2023
1 hr 8 mins 52 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- FourBitFriday in all the places
- Leftover Pumpkin Pie Curry https://savethefood.com/recipes/leftover-pumpkin-pie-and-turkey-curry/
- Fantasy consoles
- Tyriq's 80s homework
- 80s homework playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3SbI8kec0NtJp8szqsl4Ek0lZHqvHjaX
- Tyriq's reaction: https://topiclords.com/articles/80s-homework-reaction
- I meant New Kids on the Block, of course.
- You can't slake an earworm with 3/4 of a chorus
- Aesop Rock - Ruby 81
- The album you finished.
- A song that is entirely made of uncleared samples.
- Turning leftover pumpkin pie into delicious pumpkin spice curry.
- Interactive Pico-8 holiday cards.
- Artificial constraints pegged at a level of technology somewhere in the 80s.
- Writing specs for Pico-16 so that you don't accidentally make Pico-16 when you're making Pico-8.
- Seeking a box to work within.
- The most played entry in your Steam library is something your kids left running for weeks.
- A collection of 50 games made for a console that never existed.
- List of Fantasy Consoles.
- The fantasy console hidden as an Easter egg in the Frog Fractions hat DLC.
- Four joysticks in your garage waiting for an arcade machine to be installed into.
- Languages that transpile to Lua.
- Emulating the PlayStation 9.
- A fantasy console for making 4D games.
- A popular game engine that starts with the letters UN.
- Civilisation's relationship with art.
- Hop's Big Adventure in the Gift Dimension.
- All the problems with Lua.
- The Pico-8 show with the Pico-Lords.
- All the things people were doing in the 80s.
- Playing an inaudible guitar.
- The sound of somebody being chased.
- All the good Meat Loaf albums.
- An inspiring thing that shows up a lot in your life.
- A hip hop album entirely devoid of metaphor.
- Listening to the first fifteen seconds of each song on an album.
- Drums that are emblematic of everything you hate about the 80s.
- A big decade with a lot of things happening.
- Gil Scott-Heron.
- Music that is distinctly of the 80s vs. music that happened to be released in the 80s.
- The musical equivalent of oatmeal.
- Not liking the whole chorus, but liking the first chord change in the chorus.
- The bass part of Like a Prayer.
- Your superpower: knowing what marmite tastes like and knowing your don't like it.
- Hyperactive j-pop with way too many chord changes.
- Creating a mashup that is better than the sum of its parts, but only for ten seconds.
- Purging an earworm with another earworm.
- We Need a Bigger Dumpster, by Cheek Face.
- The parts of your brain that you're not on speaking terms with.
- A photographic memory for all audio except for words.
- Songs about love or romance or being horny: get that shit out of here.
- "Baby Got Back," a song about Sir Mix A Lot's infant and her extremely loaded diaper.
- Waking the sleeping beagle.
- Some kind of intentional arson.
- Painting an evocative picture of an extremely specific moment in time.
- Uncles and aunts and stuff everywhere.
- Thank you, Genius!
- Bad or text-to-speech bad?
- Trying to fix all instances of a given fact that is wrong everywhere on the internet.
- Wesley Willis writing the story song "Oil Express" because he wanted to write about oil changes.
- Lords Rule, Nuff Said.