186. ADHD Shame Graveyard Of Browser Tabs
May 15th, 2023
59 mins 54 secs
About this Episode
- My Thursday Night
- The daunting thought of: there is so much music that exists now - it's more than likely that your favorite song in the world is out there and you'll never find it in your lifetime.
- I've been working on a small game in my spare time and I never want to ship it. I just want to have friends playtest forever.
- Fine Feather
- The terrifying field of Hostile Nuclear Architecture
- Do you have 103 tabs open in Chrome?
- In Super Mario World, some secrets reward you by skipping levels and some reward you by adding new levels. Make up your mind! If the level add guy and the level subtract guy had just talked to each other they could've just left the levels as they were and saved everybody a lot of work.
- Having something to unplug.
- Continuing to take care of your children.
- Going to see the Mountain Goats for your birthday.
- Sleep meds that don't interact well with grapefruit.
- Caring for a newborn for a month and then suddenly having a nice meal.
- A cocktail of factors.
- Finding an amazing new artist you become obsessed with for the next few months.
- Listening to music while you work.
- A poster containing the source code for Pitfall.
- How to keep finding new music in your thirties.
- Auto-brewery syndrome but for methamphetamines.
- A good song that everybody likes.
- Fear of stories.
- Refusing to see a movie because you're afraid of what it'll make you feel.
- Going camping in the woods in order to watch a movie.
- Reliving your past experience in memory.
- The soap operas that your ex's mom would watch.
- Buying sheet music and playing it yourself in anticipation of when the orchestra comes to your town to play you the real thing.
- Sheet music as a pre-release hype document.
- Reading the manual of your new video game on the car ride home.
- Listening to a record with somebody.
- Rogue topics that keep threatening to come up.
- Playtesting as a way to get to know your friends better.
- Approaching the things that are valuable to you through the lens of an illusion that you know is an illusion.
- Lockdown hobbies.
- How to enjoy hobbies.
- Starting a Youtube series called "Ben sucks at baking" so you get a bunch of followers who will be disappointed if you get good at baking.
- Dehydrating beer to get yeast out of it.
- Making beer out of the yeast that's just hanging out in the air around you.
- Gordy and the Monster Moon.
- Nine year olds who are incredible at climbing because they refuse to eat fish.
- A sparrow showing you its whole ass.
- Whether sparrows are detested.
- How to dispose of nuclear waste.
- Attempts to make you hind brain think "I need to leave here immediately."
- The meme of the skeleton playing the trumpet.
- A field of Aztec death whistles activated by the wind blowing.
- Trying to save the lives of people who live far in the future.
- Speaking across time.
- Whether this place is a place of honor.
- An ADHD Shame Graveyard of Browser Tabs.
- Going over all your browser tabs to see which ones remain relevant to you.
- Details of how one bathes oneself that we never discuss in public.
- A web browser that'll tell you "no, I think you've had enough tabs"
- A brick that gives you a key.
- How Elden Ring is structured.
- A game that is a foray into a new design space that demonstrates how not to solve these design problems.
- A scavenger hunt to find the next Topic Lords guest.