137. Burying The Machete (So Nobody Can Open The Coconuts)
June 6th, 2022
1 hr 16 mins 3 secs
About this Episode
Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early!
- Playing Grand Theft Auto 5 because I miss hiking in California
- Jokes that three year olds tell
- Moondrop's Tale
- Excluding certain topics from my Twitter recommendations has never been harder (and also: trying to understand why Russell Crowe keeps showing up in the "suggested posts" of the AshbyBrewery account)
- Return of the Beast Lord.
- Whether the Beast Lord fucks around.
- The Beets Lord.
- Hearing clapping and encouragement and assuming it's for you.
- Being a tourist in a video game.
- Riding a quad bike up Mt. Chiliad.
- Getting past the first mission where you need to do violence to a lot of people so you can peacefully explore Los Santos.
- Driving down the highway at night and taking a random turnoff into the wilderness and going on a hike in the moonlight.
- The Grand Theft Auto V Not Hurting Anybody Challenge.
- Taking a self-guided tour of the Bay Area in Watch Dogs 2.
- A Short Hike mod for GTA V.
- A needle art or craft.
- Art vs. Craft.
- What is the Citizen Kane of needlepoint? When will we see the first needle that can make you cry?
- A piece of physical media that you look at.
- Physically doing the thing to make it look like the image you have in your head.
- An art form that has been around for as long as thread.
- The joy of buying art supplies.
- The anxiety relief of various stitches.
- A boy who contains multitudes.
- Getting dad a sidewalk for his birthday.
- Cross-stitch route planning.
- Marking notable locations in red.
- The only way out. (Through.)
- A three year old who wants to do something but delays as much as he can anyway.
- A three year old who is just like adults except with way less impulse control.
- A work in frogress.
- The tale of druid Moondrop Honeysuckle.
- A disembodied voice telling you to call it "granny."
- The ancient place beyond the dead star in the Ultraviolet City.
- Going into a random bar and hearing a poem about your mom.
- Granny the Mind Flayer.
- Falling sideways through reality and having to fight the big boss.
- Recording season 42 of Survivor over Zoom.
- The evolution of Survivor meta.
- Finding a clue in the crook of a tree.
- Throwing the flint into the ocean.
- The gif of the two women gasping and the dude behind them smiling.
- The Ashby Brewery Twitter account.
- Why the algorithm thinks you care about Ratchet and Clank.
- How to make Twitter livable on PC vs. on your phone.
- The work every internet user puts into not being shown the stuff they don't want to see.
- Mark Zuckerberg pointing at his mugger and shouting "See less of this! I'd like to see less of this!"
- Eating the rich and having to worry about biomagnification.
- Mr. Beer.
- The Ashby Brewery and Video Game Studio.
- All the Brews That's Fit to Print.
- The Ashby Brewery and Video Game Studio quarterly brewsletter.
- Being the bee man.
- Not using Twitter in a while and Twitter emails you about what Russell Crowe is doing lately.
- Extensively DMing Russell Crowe and then blocking Russell Crowe and then forgetting that either thing happened.
- Why they call him John Mystery.